I just looked on the Boogie 50-miler & Marathon site and didn't see any RMEC folks signed up . . . except me. This is a classic run . . . probably my second favorite race each year and it may be #1!! This is not the 'normal' marathon . . .
- Races start at 6 PM . . . Mid June . . . It's hot!
- You will run into the night!
- The course is all pavement but VERY rural! Only 5 houses on the course!!
- Fantastic . . . ultra-style aid stations . . . think buffet!!!!
- You park directly on the course so you can keep everything accessible . . . for the marathon you will pass your car 4 times!
- It's a hard course but doable! Heck . . . there are folks who walk the whole thing!
- The only way you'll PR is if this is your first marathon! So why worry about time?? Just come and have fun!