What we are planning to do is develop an annual grant program where area schools or other charitable groups can request funding from RMEC for projects they want to conduct that align with our club's mission.
Essentially these groups would fill out a grant request that the club will be developing. Next a committee of RMEC members would read and score each request against our grant criteria to decide which requests would be funded and to what financial degree. The grant program approach has been used by other not-for-profit organizations to distribute funds for programs they would like to support.
But there is a significant amount of preliminary work we must do to develop the program. We hope to be able to send out a call for grant requests in February or March . . . but there is a lot to do to be ready. We will need to . . .
- develop the program rules and criteria we want to use to judge grant requests
- develop the request form that organizations will use to request funding
- develop an implementation plan to announce and market the program to area organizations
- develop the scoring rules and process
- read and score grant requests
For this to be a successful program, we need your support. To ensure fairness, we want a diverse group of club members to help review grants and to develop this program. If you have not given back to the club with your own time yet, this is a great opportunity to get involved.