WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT: Once again we had a fantastic group of volunteers at this years Medoc Trail Races. Any time a person volunteers, this means they are unable to race. The Medoc Rerun was created to give those volunteers, and anyone else who is interested a chance to do the race, and earn some swag! Once again we have extra Medoc items that we need to get rid of. As part of your Rerun entry, RMEC members and friends will be asked to pay our cost to get any items. So, for those of you who could not make it to Medoc Trail Races or were volunteering, here is your chance to run.
WHEN: Please join us for the Medoc Rerun on November 26th. It will be cold, there will be leaves on the ground, there will only be one fluid stop, and the course will be unmarked. It will be a challenge! We plan to start at 8:00 am., but you are welcome to start early or late.
COST: So, how much does it cost?
- Just Run: FREE
- Medal: $5
- Medal + Shirt: $15
- Medal + Shirt + Hat: $25
- If you volunteered, you can take $10 off the cost above.
- SHIRTS: The 10 Mile shirt is dark red and the Marathon is navy. We really do not care which shirt you get, but those running the marathon get dibs on the navy shirts first.
- HATS: When you register you have the option to add a finishers hat to your order. You must run at least 10-miles to take a hat. These are first come, first serve as well.
- PINT GLASSES: We have a limited number of Medoc pint glasses left as well. We will sell these for $5 a piece at the Rerun. Only one per person. Once again, first come, first serve. So arrive early if you want a glass.
- INVENTORY: We have not inventoried everything yet, so when you sign up, tell us what you prefer. Hats and medals are not an issue, but shirt sizes and colors may be.
- Full Name
- Medal - Yes/No
- Hat - Yes/No
- Shirt - Red/Navy, Tech/Cotton (or just say no shirt)
- Shirt Size - S, M, L, XL, WS, WM, WL, WXL (give us a 1st and 2nd choice)
RACING AND RESULTS: You may be wondering if this is a "race". The answer is "not really". If it was, we would call it the "Rerace" instead. You are welcome to run this as fast or as slow as you like. We will ask people to time themselves (BYOW) and write down your time when you finish. We will try to post results on the RMEC blog, so if you do run fast you will have something to brag about :-)
SUPPORT: This run is a FA-style event. If you need support, bring it. If you need a drink, bring a bottle. If you don't know where you are going, grab a park map. If you need a bathroom, go at the shelter or hold it. We will bring left over gels, gummy bears, and a cooler of Gatorade, but your support is 100% your responsibility. We do kindly ask that runners not take extra gels home with them after the run. These will get used at group runs and other races.
WHY CHARGE ANYTHING?: Keep in mind, you can come do the Rerun for FREE. The only cost is for those who wish to take home some of the race swag, and we are actually under charging. Remember that the RMEC is a non-profit organization. Any proceeds collected from the Rerun go directly into the 2012 Medoc race budget, and also help us to make a contribution to the park.
WAIVER: This is 100% a "run at your own risk" event. It will be chilly, hilly, leafy, hilly, and not supported. It will not be a marked course. Your safety is your responsibility.