18 runners (that I could find) ran at the Dash for Cash two weekends ago, and had some very impressive performances. With this many running it would take too long to write details about everyone, so I will stick with a list instead:
10 Mile Results:
- 6th - 1:01:22 Ashley Bass (6:09 pace) 1st Age Group
- 10th - 1:04:09 John Batchelor (6:25) 2nd AG
- 16th - 1:05:51 Derek Hurdle (6:36) 2nd AG
- 33rd - 1:12:09 Emily Bass (7:13) 5th Overall Female and 1st AG
- 39th - 1:13:39 Tim Shea (7:22) 2nd AG
- 63rd - 1:18:53 Levi Moore (7:22)
- 64th - 1:18:57 Greg Delbridge (7:54)
- 68th - 1:19:58 Wayne Painter (8:00)
- 7th - 19:32 Zack Shea (6:18) 1st AG
- 99th - 25:35 Tom Thurman (8:14) 2nd AG
- 100th - 25:37 - George Mount
- 117th - 26:03 Jon Shingleton (8:24)
- 144th - 27:28 Amber Shingleon (8:51)
- 162nd - 28:09 Arthur Bennett (9:04)
- 176th - 28:34 Margaret Bentley (9:12)
- 197th - 29:07 Eric Ghiloni (9:23)
- 399th - 38:46 Brandie Ghiloni (12:29)
- 416th - 40:37 Alane Floyd (13:05)
In the 10-Mile Ashely (Ageless) Bass took 6th overall. He lead the RMEC relay team (Ashley, John, Emily, and Tim) to a third place finish. The Kenyan team from Chapel Hill put together a team that was untouchable (they won by over half an hour). 2nd place went to the Greenville team which happened to have a team member with a very strong resemblance to Derek Hurdle.
In the 5k team competition, Zack Shea (Tim's son) lead the RMEC to a second place finish. The team consisted of Zack, Tom, George, Jon, and Amber. They beat the third place team by over three minutes. The other RMEC team consisted of Margaret, Eric, Brandie, and Alane. The powerful rookie team posted a combined time of 1:36:27.
It was great to have som many from the RMEC out supporting local racing, and supporting each other. Great job everyone!